- RT @WeldPond: Universal asks Google to take down 127.0.0.1 for piracy. See claim #2 chillingeffects.org/notices/109692… 1 week ago
- RT @badgealliance: Today’s #OpenBadges calls: Higher Ed at noon ET sites.google.com/site/openbadge… — then Standard Working Group at 1:30 ET http://… 3 weeks ago
- RT @joinBestr: let's grow T-shaped students with help of #openbadges and #eportfolios -by JISC @BryanMMathers prospect2alumnus.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2015/06/19/… http:/… 1 month ago
- we made some really great connections at #epforall - a very useful and productive event 1 month ago
- Gall's laws of systemantics: wos-sqa-course.wikispaces.com/file/view/John… #epforall 1 month ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Get it here!
I’ve finally released version 2.9 of HtmlCleaner! This month I also had to answer my first ever official support request for HtmlCleaner in my “day job” – it appears a researcher at the University of Oxford is using it as … Continue reading
In my last post I looked at the first part of Kwan and West’s paper, which concerns the phases of technology adoption. Now I’m turning to the second part, which concerns the adoption model. Kwan and West propose the following … Continue reading
This doesn’t work: In fact, it just silently fails to add any child nodes. No exceptions, nada. This gives the same result: But *this* does work: Gah!
Its the first release of 2014, and its got a nice patch from Rafael that makes it run a lot faster (who knew that just checking whether a String is a valid Double in the XPath processor would cause so … Continue reading
(This was prompted by the news that Groklaw is shutting down, in large part due to concerns over conducting business by email now that there is no legal or constitutional protection for its privacy. You can find out more about … Continue reading
Well this whole Prism business has been quite interesting from a personal perspective, especially this “metadata” business. A long time ago, though not actually that far away from where I am now, I worked as a junior technical writer at … Continue reading
Today I got an email from the ICL 2013 conference: Dear Scott Wilson, This is a short reminder for you to complete your reviews for the ICL/IGIP 2013 Conference. Overall 2 submissions were recently assigned to you for reviewing, 2 are … Continue reading
Yesterday we released HtmlCleaner 2.5, which fixes up a few bugs, and also has a rewritten DOCTYPE handler based on the latest guidance issued with HTML5.
(reblogged from the OSS Watch blog) OSS Watch is delighted to announce a new event in the Open Source Junction series aimed at facilitating knowledge exchange between industry and academic innovation. Open Source Junction brings together the best business and … Continue reading