- Heidi Lab is a great initiative & one I’ve enjoyed playing an active part in. Data insights are crucial for driving… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 1 month ago
- RT @Dan_HE_man: #HECoSCodeOfTheDay is 101357 - nationalism. Political doctrine that promotes the self-determination of the nation. HECoS is… 1 month ago
- fab time today demoing trunkdb (aka ORDS) at #JiscRDM with my visualisations of zombies, vampires and ghosts from the OMDB dataset 1 month ago
- just set a property to what it wasn’t, rather than what it was. Its not like I’m even programming in Sartre: github.com/catseye/Specs-… 2 months ago
- Hey @azure why does my web app performance look like this under load? What causes these oscillations? https://t.co/g1KqdtXPIV 2 months ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
OK, I admit it, I’ve been ignoring this blog for way too long! But that doesn’t mean nothing has been happening – quite the opposite. About a year ago I became one of the founding partners of Cetis LLP, and since … Continue reading
Get it here!
I’ve finally released version 2.9 of HtmlCleaner! This month I also had to answer my first ever official support request for HtmlCleaner in my “day job” – it appears a researcher at the University of Oxford is using it as … Continue reading
In my last post I looked at the first part of Kwan and West’s paper, which concerns the phases of technology adoption. Now I’m turning to the second part, which concerns the adoption model. Kwan and West propose the following … Continue reading
This doesn’t work: In fact, it just silently fails to add any child nodes. No exceptions, nada. This gives the same result: But *this* does work: Gah!
Its the first release of 2014, and its got a nice patch from Rafael that makes it run a lot faster (who knew that just checking whether a String is a valid Double in the XPath processor would cause so … Continue reading
(This was prompted by the news that Groklaw is shutting down, in large part due to concerns over conducting business by email now that there is no legal or constitutional protection for its privacy. You can find out more about … Continue reading
Well this whole Prism business has been quite interesting from a personal perspective, especially this “metadata” business. A long time ago, though not actually that far away from where I am now, I worked as a junior technical writer at … Continue reading
Today I got an email from the ICL 2013 conference: Dear Scott Wilson, This is a short reminder for you to complete your reviews for the ICL/IGIP 2013 Conference. Overall 2 submissions were recently assigned to you for reviewing, 2 are … Continue reading
Yesterday we released HtmlCleaner 2.5, which fixes up a few bugs, and also has a rewritten DOCTYPE handler based on the latest guidance issued with HTML5.