- RT @gsiemens: Announcing: Open Learning Analytics project: prweb.com/releases/2014/… w/ @SoLAResearch & @ApereoOrg #learninganalytics #data 1 week ago
- RT @osswatch: If all bugs are shallow, why was Heatbleed only just fixed? ift.tt/1kuJYLq 1 week ago
- RT @osswatch: Software Freedom and Frontline Services ift.tt/1hgcnBO 1 week ago
- RT @moyix: Fun with #heartbleed :) http://t.co/1WIeCrA2Zi 1 week ago
- RT @SteveALee: The Reasons Businesses Use Open Source Are Changing Faster Than You Realize - ow.ly/vAFqT -Just what we promoted … 1 week ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
This doesn’t work: In fact, it just silently fails to add any child nodes. No exceptions, nada. This gives the same result: But *this* does work: Gah!
Its the first release of 2014, and its got a nice patch from Rafael that makes it run a lot faster (who knew that just checking whether a String is a valid Double in the XPath processor would cause so … Continue reading
(This was prompted by the news that Groklaw is shutting down, in large part due to concerns over conducting business by email now that there is no legal or constitutional protection for its privacy. You can find out more about … Continue reading
Well this whole Prism business has been quite interesting from a personal perspective, especially this “metadata” business. A long time ago, though not actually that far away from where I am now, I worked as a junior technical writer at … Continue reading
Today I got an email from the ICL 2013 conference: Dear Scott Wilson, This is a short reminder for you to complete your reviews for the ICL/IGIP 2013 Conference. Overall 2 submissions were recently assigned to you for reviewing, 2 are … Continue reading
Yesterday we released HtmlCleaner 2.5, which fixes up a few bugs, and also has a rewritten DOCTYPE handler based on the latest guidance issued with HTML5.
(reblogged from the OSS Watch blog) OSS Watch is delighted to announce a new event in the Open Source Junction series aimed at facilitating knowledge exchange between industry and academic innovation. Open Source Junction brings together the best business and … Continue reading
I gave a talk at FOSSA 2012 earlier this week sharing some experiences with teaching students using open source projects in a module at the University of Bolton. Basically, there are 5 tips: Start with soft skills, not code Let … Continue reading
(I’m still wrapping up the JISC part of SPAWS…normal blog service will resume shortly) Here’s the original project proposal I submitted, including the project plan: SPAWS_proposal